4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 2:25 PM by CMata_Intel

Interested in developing with the Intel Currie chip.

baconmark

I contacted intel support to ask about developing with the Currie chip. They directed me here to the forum. Can anyone point me in the right direction for information about developing with this new chip?

• 1. Re: Interested in developing with the Intel Currie chip.
          CMata_Intel

Hi baconmark,

The Intel Curie Module is not available yet. All the information related to the module is located in:

Intel® Curie™ Module: Unleashing Wearable Device Innovation

Intel® Curie™ Module and Intel® IQ Software Fact Sheet

If you want to start developing with the Intel Curie I suggest you to look into the Arduino 101 Arduino 101 – Arduino Store USA

Regards,

Charlie

• 2. Re: Interested in developing with the Intel Currie chip.
            baconmark

Thank you for the quick answer!

I've seen the Arduino101, and agree its a great way to get started developing. Then I saw this "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained." on your site which prompted two questions.

1) I'm developing a commercial product. How long until I can expect to order 1000's of these? How much will they cost? I'm sure you can't say exactly, but is there any further information from intel on this? Its hard to decide to choose this chip to develop on without knowing these details.

2) How is this chip for sale with arduino 101?

• 3. Re: Interested in developing with the Intel Currie chip.
              baconmark

Thank you for the quick answer!

I've seen the Arduino101, and agree its a great way to get started developing. Then I saw this "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained." on your site which prompted two questions.

1) I'm developing a commercial product. How long until I can expect to order 1000's of these? How much will they cost? I'm sure you can't say exactly, but is there any further information from intel on this? Its hard to decide to choose this chip to develop on without knowing these details.

2) How is this chip for sale with arduino 101?

• 4. Re: Interested in developing with the Intel Currie chip.
                CMata_Intel

Hi baconmark,

The statement "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained." is for the Intel Curie Module itself, if you want to buy 1000 modules you can’t do it right now because is not available yet, nor the prices; all the information regarding the module is in the links I’ve posted above.

The Arduino 101 is available right now and if you have more questions about this board I suggest you to contact Arduino - ContactUs for further information.

Regards,

Charlie