11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 10:06 AM by a_Monteiro

Praat Tool

a_Monteiro

Has anyone been able to install the praat tool on the Edison or rather be able to use from python on the edison?

I would greatly appreciate this, finding out how it can be done ..

Thank you !

• 1. Re: Praat Tool
          Intel_Peter

Hello a_Monteiro,

Why don't you try using praat-py? It is a custom build of praat used in Python.

To use it you will have to install praat and its dependencies:

libgtk2.0-dev
          libasound2-dev
          libpulse-dev

I believe they can be installed from AlexT's repo.

Peter.

• 2. Re: Praat Tool
            a_Monteiro

Hi,

I tried the praat-py but there or whatever module pertains to the praat tool but they all call the tool. The praat tool requires the libgtk which is a graphical library, so it is not available with opkg. I have tried to look at the source code itself which is written is C++ and C code but they also still need the libgtk libraries. I am trying to now to look for another module in python that does audio feature extraction. So far no luck. Know of any, whether it is in python and or C ???

Thanks

• 3. Re: Praat Tool
              Intel_Peter

Actually libgtk is available in AlexT's repo. You can download either libgtk-2.0 (2.24.24) or libgtk-3.0 (3.12.2) from it. In case you haven't configured the repo you can do it with the following commands:

echo src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all > /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf/
              echo src/gz edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf/
              echo src/gz core2-32 http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32 >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf/
              opkg update
              #Now you can install either libgtk-2.0 or libgtk-3.0
              opkg install libgtk-X.0

Peter.

• 4. Re: Praat Tool
                a_Monteiro

awesome, I was able to get most of the libraries but praat seems to require an older version is the libstdc++.so.6 .

More specifically I did an ldd for praat and this is the only complain that it has : /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./praat).

I ran the commands to check if the version is available so that I can link to it but it does seem to be available:

strings  /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBC

GLIBCXX_3.4

GLIBCXX_3.4.1

GLIBCXX_3.4.2

GLIBCXX_3.4.3

GLIBCXX_3.4.4

GLIBCXX_3.4.5

GLIBCXX_3.4.6

GLIBCXX_3.4.7

GLIBCXX_3.4.8

GLIBCXX_3.4.9

GLIBCXX_3.4.10

GLIBCXX_3.4.11

GLIBCXX_3.4.12

GLIBCXX_3.4.13

GLIBCXX_3.4.14

GLIBCXX_3.4.15

GLIBCXX_3.4.16

GLIBCXX_3.4.17

GLIBCXX_3.4.18

GLIBCXX_3.4.19

GLIBCXX_3.4.20

GLIBC_2.3

GLIBC_2.0

GLIBC_2.1

GLIBC_2.17

GLIBC_2.1.3

GLIBC_2.3.2

GLIBC_2.2

Anyone able to tell me how i can get the version i need to run this tool(3.4.21) ?

thanks

Admir M.

• 5. Re: Praat Tool
                  Intel_Peter

libstdc++ can also be found in AlexT's repo, have you tried to download it from there?

In case you need an older version, you might be interested in GCC's old installation guide or the current guide in case the version you need is not that old.

Peter.

• 6. Re: Praat Tool
                    a_Monteiro

does libstdc++ come with gcc or can I install it separately? I did try the repo but the current version which I have opkg doesn't upgrade.

• 7. Re: Praat Tool
                      a_Monteiro

I am looking to try to install gcc 5.3 but that seems it'll take tons of space. I started looking around the Edison to see if the gcc that is installed on it specific and it seems like it is(586-poky-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.9.1). Is there a way to install a newer kind of gcc for the Edison with poky-linux?

• 8. Re: Praat Tool
                        Intel_Peter

If you need to install GCC 5.3, I'd suggest you to read GCC-5.3.0

Peter.

• 9. Re: Praat Tool
                          a_Monteiro

Thanks, I used that link already to help me build and I am currently trying to install gcc .

Also this link helped me too .Get Things Work Is Not Hard: Install the latest gcc 5.3 on Ubuntu 12.04(Build from source code)

I hope this helps me get the right version of libstdc++.so.6 that I need.

Ill right back on here if the praat tool works.

Admir M.

• 10. Re: Praat Tool
                            Intel_Peter

I can see in Re: libstdc++.so.6: version install not found that you were able to install the latest version of GCC and that you are now looking to install the newest version of libstd. Do you have any updates on this?

Peter.

• 11. Re: Praat Tool
                              a_Monteiro

yes the newer version of the libstdc++ comes with the gcc that I installed and I was able to link the library and now Praat works on the Edison.

1 of 1 people found this helpful