7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 6:27 AM by Amy_Intel

NUC6i3SYH with Samsung 950 Pro NVMe  AND  Samsung 840 EVO SATA - running win10 - no boot

herman275

Hi all,

I have searched the communities for my problem and found some similiar but none quite the same unfortunately....

My system is a NUC6i3SYH with a SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 NVMe 256 GB installed as system-drive, RAM: 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX.

After some challenges, I was able to install windows 10 and it runs fine with the 950 Pro as boot-drive.

As I learned from other discussions in the web - only afterweards I inserted my SAMSUNG 840 EVO (SATA) as additional data-drive.

unfortunately afterwards Win10 isn't booting up anymore (Win 10 trying to repair keyboard - but at the end still no boot)

removing the SATA EVO 840 - Win10 works fine again.

Then I did insert a spare old technology Fujitsu MHV2120BH PL 112 GB harddrive from old laptop - works fine. Samsung 950 Pro AND Fujitsu harddisk are recognized and win 10 is booting up.

replacing the harddisc with my 840 EVO SSD - unfortunately again Win10 no boot.

Bios is on version 033, UEFI AND LEgacy boot enabled (after reset to default etc etc etc ...)

any idea (related to the mentionned bios-problems ???) ?

thanks