Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Monitor connected to displayport will not wake up using latest Intel HD 530 graphics drivers. Windows 10 computer set to never sleep and monitor to sleep after 1 hour.

JLodo
Beginner

Monitor connected to displayport will not wake up using latest Intel HD 530 graphics. I have tried every possible solution found on the web with no luck. The common thread for the many people experiencing this problem is displayport issues.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, jjlfour:

I would like to know, does your monitor have the setting to change it to DP1.1?

NOTE: Setting DisplayPort-Mode to DP-1.1 causes the following limitations:

4K resolutions will be limited to 30 Hz refresh rate

Some DP-1.2 features such as multi-streaming (daisy-chaining) will not work.

Also, have you tested with the latest graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 530? Find the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530-for-6th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Drivers & Software, please make sure you are selecting the correct OS version currently used.

Is there a chance to test the behavior of your system while using another video output? (HDMI, VGA, DVI).

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
JLodo
Beginner

No, the monitor does not have this ability. The monitor is a Dell P2715Q, which I bought a few weeks ago. I bought this monitor because I specifically wanted to use DP1.2 to take advantage of 4k resolution at 60 Hz. My previous monitor never had this problem connected from DVI at monitor to HDMI at computer. The computer is brand new (built 1/2/2016). I originally installed Intel graphics driver from the ASUS website and have updated to the latest drivers from Intel several times.

I am tired of constantly rearranging my desktop (due to resolution changes after the monitor wakes up-if it wakes up). Sometimes the monitor goes to sleep immediately after logging in after a restart. The desktop is never loaded and the monitor goes to sleep right after entering my password. I may have to hit the reset button on the computer several times to finally get to my desktop. I have tried every known solution and have uninstalled the monitor and Intel graphics drivers several times.

As of right now, I have rolled back to an earlier driver to see if that helps. If I can't get things stabilized, I may have to buy a NVIDIA card as NVIDIA allows EDID information to be saved to file. So, instead of reading EDID from monitor, it will read from file making Windows 10 believe the monitor is attached. I believe this will solve the problems. I wish Intel would add that capability so I wouldn't have to waste money on a graphics card that I really don't need.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, jjlfour:

Let me sent this for review.

Please provide me with the information requested in the link below.

I will be providing you with the outcome for this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
JLodo
Beginner

Category

<strong style="color: white; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso...

0 Kudos
JLodo
Beginner

here are the requested attachements

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, jjlfour:

Thank you for the information provided, once I get a response from this, I will let you know.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos