8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 10:25 AM by FGT

Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.

sebaz_143

Hi, today i was working with my galileo gen 2, I used the Yocto image available in the getting started guide. Everything was working like a charm. but when I unplugged the galileo and plugged again to the dc adaptor, it didn't start. When the board it's turning on, the ON led is lighted the whole time and for a little while the led connected to de 13 digital pin also is lighted but then it goes off and the usb led doesn't light up in any moment.

I tried to connect the board through the serial port using putty but it seems that the OS inside the SD card doesn't start, I also tried to do the same process without the SD card inserted and using the OS inside the galileo and i couldn't get anything as well.

Help me, i don't know what to do.

• 1. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
          FGT

Hi sebaz_143,

Turn on your Galileo without the SD card: can you confirm the USB light never turns on?

Did you upgrade the firmware when the Galileo was working?

Fernando.

• 2. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
            sebaz_143

Yes, I already try to turn on my galileo with out the SD card and the USB light never turns on.

The firmware was upgrade, I was working with the 1.0.4.

• 3. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
              DiegoV_Intel

Hi sebaz_143,

When you unplugged the power supply, was the USB cable connected to the PC or it was unconnected too?

As FGT mentioned, try to upgrade the firmware. Sometimes it gets corrupted, but upgrading it again resolves the issue.

Additionally, check if you have access to the Galileo's terminal. If you have access we could try some recovery methods that might fix the issue.

Regards,

Diego

• 4. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
                FGT

Hi sebaz_143,

If you turn on the Galileo without the SD and without the USB cable and the USB light does not turn on (maybe after a few seconds) then I'm out of ideas... several guess (low likelihood... low quality speculations, basically...):

a) Some problem with the power supply (are you using the one included with the Galileo card?)

b) Some problem with the USB light/LED itself... too strange, I think, but if this were the case plug the USB cable anyway after some seconds (20, say...) and the Galileo should be recognized at some port...

If you can video record how the Galileo turns on, I'd like to see it... I know it requires some time, though.

Maybe the best path to go is that suggested by DiegoV_Intel in his post.

Fernando.

• 5. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
                  sebaz_143

The USB cable never was connected because I program my galileo in eclipse. I don't have access to the terminal, when I try to connect to the galileo terminal through a ftdi 6 pins cables I get no response and i'm using the original original adapter.

• 6. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
                    DiegoV_Intel

Hi sebaz_143,

If there is no response when you try to access the terminal, and there is no change when the USB cable is connected, I suggest you to submit a warranty ticket using the following form: Intel® Support. The Warranty Team will help you with this issue in a better way.

Regards,

Diego

• 8. Re: Intel Galileo Gen 2 bricked.
                      FGT

I see... from the left video I think there is some hardware problem as indicated by DiegoV_Intel.

I recorded some time ago the sequence in my Galileo Gen 1 card:

8s: turn on (lower left corner green light)

15s: turn on USB LED (about upper middle)

25s: USB plugged

57s: USB recognized by the PC (soft sound)

59s: load blink example (load LED blinks quickly besides On LED at the lower left corner)

1m:02s: starts blinking the LED connected to 13th pin (as in the Arduino card)