13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 1:58 PM by EstebanC_Intel

New NUC6i5SYH has Died?

JamesU

Hello,

I've had a NUC6i5SYH up and running Windows 10 for just over 2 weeks now.  It was configured with 16GB Micron 2133 memory and a Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD.  Nothing was installed in the SATA HDD bay.  It has been working fine until today.

I walked in the room, and the Blue LED on the front of the unit was stuck on.  No video output (HDMI monitor in use).  Monitor was in standby mode.

- I tried taking out the SSD.  When the unit boots, the Blue LED blinks twice, then stays on.  No video.

- I tried moving the memory around, trying each module in each slot, and separately (one at a time).  Every boot resulted in the same thing Blue light blinks twice, then stays on.  No video.

- I get no video output at all during POST.  No messages.

I can't find evidence of what this "beep code" means.  What should I try next?

Thanks,

James

• 1. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
          AndrasFako

Hey,

I have the same issue. It worked fine until today, from one moment to another it lost visual with a "bzzz" sound (i was listening music). Mine is also around 2 weeks old...

If someone finds a soulution please share with us!

Thanks,
          Andras

• 2. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
            EaSi123

There seems to be a QA problem with this first batch of NUC6i's.   Already sent two back after flashing the latest firmware and they died. 

Just claim warranty, and you will get a new one.

• 3. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello:

Have you tested your system with a different power adapter?

You could also test it with different RAM modules.

Are you able to access the BIOS? If you are, please do check all settings are properly set, another option would be to use F9 to load defaults at BIOS.

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 4. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                EaSi123

If it works fine with 64bit,  changing the power adapter and RAM shouldn't make a difference. 

The BIOS is fine,  can't flash it to latest version because it will kill the M.2 support.   Already have RMA'd two NUCs for that, same type.

• 5. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                  AndrasFako

Hi,

I'm not sure but I think your post isn't for me. Anyway I will write down my thoughts about it:

Thanks for your advice! I will check it tomorrow, but I'm not over sanguine as to the result, because there is no signal at all on my screens. I tried to get into BIOS but still no signal.

I did not make any changes in the BIOS overall. I could use my NUC perfectly until it went dark, at that momment I wanted to send an e-mail while I was listening music on spotify. So I wasn't even pushing it to its limits. :/

Regards,
                  Andras

• 6. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                    EstebanC_Intel

Hello, AndrasFako:

Sure I understand your situation.

I look forward to your outcome with the troubleshooting provided previously in this thread.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 7. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                      Akd02

Hi Easi,

SAme issue happened to my Nuc6i last week.

My question to you, since you seem to have returned 2 units under warranty:

a) does intel cover shipping charges?

b) i bought my unit from a vendor in California 'E-ITEX' and had it shipped overseas, the international shipping charges would cost me about 35% the cost of a new unit, any advice on intel's policy in this case?

c) and final question, when u say intel has QA issues wuth the first batch, is confirmed and acknowlged by intel?

regards,

akd02

• 8. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                        EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Akd02:

In order to get this information regarding the warranty procedure, my recommendation would be to contact Intel Customer Support, they will be providing you with the RMA options from our end.

You can do this by accessing: Contact Support

-Select the correct location

-Select product

-Choose the support platform you would like to get (Phone, chat, email)

Regards,

Esteban C

• 9. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                          EaSi123

Hi,

The support works well, just create a case and you can ship it to a local shipping address.  They will return you a refurbished device (if it is older than 30 days)

• 10. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                            EstebanC_Intel

Hello, EaSi123:

Thank you for your feedback and information provide regarding the warranty support on this.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 11. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                              Akd02

Hi Esteban, Easi,

Thanks for your support and prompt feedack.

I have logged a case on this with the support line and got a service ticket number. i was told that someone will be in contact with me regarding RMA and shipping details within 24 hours, that was last thursday '4 days ago' and still no word.

I will try following up with support on my Ticket and post an update on how things go.

Thanks again.

• 12. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                                EaSi123

Hi,

Had that happen before as well,  reply to the mail with the RMA number,  and they will send it to you.

• 13. Re: New NUC6i5SYH has Died?
                                  EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Akd02:

You could also request an update via chat of phone, which would be an expedited support line from Intel Customer Support.

Here you can find the chat or phone number that you could call, after selecting your region and product: Contact Support

Regards,

Esteban C