Here are the instructions to do a clean driver install, and some additional information about this matter:
1. We strongly recommend downloading and using the Wireless drivers from your computer manufacturer. For your convenience, here is a link to different Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.
2. As second option, you may try using a generic version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from Intel® Download Center. Drivers & Software
3. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
4. In Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
5. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
6. Install the Wireless driver you downloaded before. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all driver components.