2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 2:58 PM by EstebanC_Intel

NUC6i5SYH no power...

86davis

I just bought a

Nuc6i5syh

1x G skill 16 gb ddr4-2113 ram

Samsung 850 evo 250 gb ssd

Put everything together. Then put the power supply together and tried to power the Nuc on.  Nothing...

Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris

• 1. Re: NUC6i5SYH no power...
          N.Scott.Pearson

I will presume you meant 2133, not 2113. Other than that, nothing is glaringly obvious. You may have a bad power brick or a problem in the NUC. You should contact Intel Customer Support by phone to discuss getting a replacement...

...S

• 2. Re: NUC6i5SYH no power...
            EstebanC_Intel

Hello, 86davis:

Thank you scott for your quick reply.

Here you can have some troubleshooting you could perform for this issue.

1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 blinks in the power button, no video will be present.

2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.

3. Are you able to access the BIOS? If not, please perform a BIOS recovery by following the instructions here: BIOS Update Instructions for Boards and Kits

4. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.)

5. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.

6. Test a different power adapter if doable

7. Test the system with a different HDMI or DP cable.

I hope this is helpful for you, indeed an expedited way to get support and warranty if applicable would be with Intel Customer Support (Contact Support)

Regards,

Esteban C