2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 1:33 PM by Emphyrio

Intel DH87RL motherboard, Rapid Start and Wake On Lan

Emphyrio

With the Intel DH87RL, using Intel Rapid Start Technology, is Wake On Lan supposed to work?

Rapid Start is functioning fine by the way, it's just the WOL part I'm not sure how to configure.

If yes, which Windows settings would be relevant? I'm using Windows 8.1 at the moment, planning to upgrade to Windows 10 soon.

• 1. Re: Intel DH87RL motherboard, Rapid Start and Wake On Lan
          N.Scott.Pearson

First of all, you want to go into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) and verify that Wake on LAN is completely enabled. Within Visual BIOS, click on Advanced and then on Power. You then want to look at the Secondary Power Settings displayed in the right-hand window of the scene. You want to ensure that parameter Wake on LAN from S4/S5 is set to Enabled. If you have to change the setting of this parameter, make sure you do a parameter save as you exit from Visual BIOS.

In the Windows environment, you want to open Device Manager (in Windows 8/8.1/10, right click on the Windows Start button and select Device Manager in the list of applets displayed). Expand the Network Adapters category and double-click on the entry for your Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V adapter. In the Power Management tab, make sure that all of the parameters in the Wake on LAN box are checked.

...Scott

• 2. Re: Intel DH87RL motherboard, Rapid Start and Wake On Lan
            Emphyrio

Thanks for informing me WoL should be possible in combination with Rapid Start.

I have tried some more. Right now, I have the impression it's working. I disabled 'Wake on Pattern' by the way as it seemed to wake my computer on an irregular 5 minute interval. I will monitor a while longer to make sure it keeps functioning. Thanks for your input!