I got some frustrating issues with my Intel HD 520 and Audio via HDMI / mDP.
The Audio over HDMI just stops/breaks under some circumstances:
1. Starting some games in fullscreen will instantly break audio over HDMI / mDP. Window Mode works just fine.
2. Using Kodi in Fullscreen when switchin between different refresh rates (24p, 50p, 60p). It can happen after some videos or even after just one video.
There is no error or anything reported back to me. After this issue happend the software will hang / stutter and freezes when closed down.
Some games work just fine for hours without any issues. I've got no idea why that is.
When starting the Game "Faster than Light" in fullscreen sound breaks 100% of all times.
Playing some old backups of my GameCube games with Dolphin emulator and DirectX as Renderer will also lead 100% to this issue.
The Games "Kerbal Space Program" and "Dead Space 1" worked always without any issues.
Its a Intel NUC6i3SYH with Integrated Intel HD 520 Graphics and no NV or AMD Card.
It is equipped with one "4 GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM CL15-15-15" which was tested with Memtest86+ and no issues found.
The OS is installed on an Sandisk SSD.
There is no LFP and one EFP connected. The NUC is connected to an Onkyo TX-SR507 (connected to an Samsung TV).
The Onkyo Receiver and Samsung TV are older but I never had any problems like this (at least 20 different devices and also a older NUC5i3RYH).
The OS is Windows 10 Pro. I also tested Win 10 Home (with same result).
I tested all available Bios versions (0024, 0028, 0033). The issue was always present.
Driver versions tested were 4300, 4332 and 4356 from support site. Also tested the ones installed via Windows update (I believe it was version 4332 too)
Kodi versions are 16.0 beta4, beta5 and rc3. No difference between them found.
Game versions were all the latest available on steam.
Intel CUI screenshot is added.
Its a single display configuration with 1080p 60hz under windows. Refresh rate might be different in Games or Kodi (which leads to the problem above I think).
The system runs from AC.
[How to repro]
1. Install Windows 10 from scratch and update drivers and system
2. install NUC6i3SYH Graphics drivers from support site
3. Setup Intel Audio to 5.1 (2.1 and other settings should lead to the same result; at least for me)
4. Install Kodi 16.0 (beta4, beta5 or rc3) and "Faster than Light"
5. Setup Kodi 16.0 as seen in screenshots
6. Switch between videos with different refresh rate. At some point audio should stop working.
7. Start Faster than Light either in Fullscreen or Window Mode. In Window Mode sound should work fine.
8. Switch to Fullscreen and sound stops working
I will add SSU, DxDiag and DispDiag later on.