1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 5:21 PM by ivanu_intel

Dz77ga-70k & 3770K overclocking Voltage

anthony palermo

Hi there,

Ive been overclocking my 3770k to 4.5ghz with the latest bios 0066 with the Overclocking assistant and just sliding the slider to 4.5.  While this has worked great for me stability wise for the past 2 years I have noticed the cpu voltage in HWmonitor is 1.33v & Vcore in cpuz was 1.272v.  I recently got a corsair H110i gt liquid cooler to try and bring the temps down a bit but the temps were still fairly high for my liking.  I ran Intel burn test and the highest temps were 87, 84, 82, 79 and thats with my new H110i gt.  Personally I think these are quite high eventhough I would never hit these temps with everyday use.

I think the reason for this is that through the auto overclocking assistant its raising the cpu voltage too high.  Ive read that you can hit 4.5 with 1.25v-1.3v with ivy bridge.

My question is what values do I manually put in to bring down my voltages under the tuning section in the bios to get this thing stable ? Has anyone overclocked the 3770k manually?  I have tried lowering the voltage offset from 100 down to 60 but that gave me a BSOD right away when runing prime 95 small ftt...I have also tried changing it to Low Vdroop (performance) and that made my temps go up to around 89 with the 60mv offset

*also just to note from the attachment that there is a missing line over the voltage override which is Processor Voltage override which is set to default....You cant see it in the picture because it hides it for some reason until i go back in the bios

• 1. Re: Dz77ga-70k & 3770K overclocking Voltage
          ivanu_intel

Hello anthony Palermo,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

We do not support overclocking, the CPUs we make that are unlocked and the Intel® Extreme Edition Processors have a manufacturing process that makes them more robust to support customizations. This is because there is a sector of the PC market composed of power users, gamers and computer enthusiasts who wants to take the hardware beyond the factory configurations. Intel wants to provide to these people the ability to do so with our processors, but it is pretty known by the industry that any CPU being over clocked will be always at risk and will malfunction sooner or later; they are also pretty aware that they do that under their own risk as the product warranty doesn’t cover over clocking.

Altering PC clock or memory frequency and /or voltage may reduce system stability and use life of the system, memory and processor; it causes the processor and other system components to fail; it causes reductions in system performance; it causes additional heat and other damage; and affects system data integrity. Intel assumes no responsibility that the memory, included if used with altered clock frequencies and / or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.

Over clocking is the process used to increment the processor frequency out of the processor specifications.

At this point what I can suggest is to access the BIOS and set the BIOS to defaults by pressing F9 on your keyboard and F10 to save all the changes, this will set the frequency and voltage to defaults.

Here is a Windows*-based tool for overclocking unlocked Intel® Core™ processors. Download the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) for quick access to the features and settings needed to overclock your system. Easily adjust power, voltage, core, and memory settings, as well as other key system values.

If you are more interested about overclocking you will be able to get better assistance at:

http://www.overclock.net/

Best regards,

Ivan