Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Intel i7-840qm with intel turbo boost

slao2
Beginner

Hi everyone. I'm using Intel I7-840QM as cpu on my alienware m15x. The intel turbo boost tecnology working fine with AC adapter (I can see from intel turbo boost monitor that frequency is going from 1.86GHz to 2.96GHz), but when I'm using my laptop with battery it doesn't work.

I tried to set everything about power saving (Best perfomance option) and set cpu frequency at the top 100% but nothing change. What else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If possible access the BIOS and disable Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology (EIST).

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If possible access the BIOS and disable Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology (EIST).

Allan.

0 Kudos
slao2
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Tried to disable it but when intel turbo monitor run it gave an error "enable intel turbo boost tecnology" and doesn't work

0 Kudos
mumai
Beginner

i have i73635qm

its turbo boost works fine when pluged in charger

but did not works on battery

even i have set every thing to 100%

pleaseeee help me

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I find this as expected behavior, when using battery the laptop will save power and turbo boost will be disabled.

Allan.

0 Kudos
mumai
Beginner

but not every laptop has this function

(i have seen alot of laptops whose turbo boost works on both ac and battery)

i really want to run turbo boost at battery

please tell me how to do this?

i have chacked bios but nothing happens

i have enabled and disabled things again and again mentioned any place in internet but could not able to run turbo boost on battery.

help me to solve my problem

thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Turbo boost is a feature that is controlled by the computer BIOS; if there is no option to control turbo boost when running on batteries, I am afraid this will be feasible.

Allan.

0 Kudos