Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Brightness problem in intel HD 4000 driver in windows 10?

nk4
Beginner

hi iam using lenovo Z500 laptop when i upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10 i face brightness issue, i cannot control brightness level and brightness level is low

SOFTWARE VERSION: intel HD graphics 4000 version :10.18.10.4252

MY ATTEMPTS :

In win 8.1 i faced similar problem but i solved by choosing device manager>display adapters>intel hd graphics 4000>right click>update driver> let me pick from the list of drivers from my computer>picked alternative intel driver and solved the problem but in windows 10 this problem is not solved

could u help to solve the problem, thank u

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please bear in mind that Intel uses generic video drivers for your Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Some graphics features added to your graphics controller may or may not work if you are using generic drivers, that is why Intel recommends customized drivers from Lenovo.

You could try using Screen Brightness from Power Options.

Allan.

0 Kudos
EErdu
Beginner

Hi Allan;

I Tried to rool back the driver but it dd not work...

then I tried to download current driver from Lenovo Z500 web site but Win10 did not allow to install that driver....

Do you have any other ideas???

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Have you tried manual driver installation?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Allan.

0 Kudos