5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 2:13 PM by EstebanC_Intel

Intel Driver Update Utility no longer detects latest drivers, attempts to download latest graphics drivers failed

Veilan

For quite a few months now, the Driver Update Utility on my laptop has stopped finding the latest drivers whenever I try to scan for them, forcing me to download them from Intel/HP themselves (although I've only done that with the wireless driver.) After the latest Windows 10 update, my games started running painfully slow, so I decided I'd go and try to see if there's a new driver, lo and behold there is, and it's quite a ways ahead of the one I currently have installed. I attempted to install it from Intel, but it states that I don't have the proper specifications for it (which I checked, I certainly do, as it was the same generation, and same bit.) After reading about manufacturers having certain, specialized drivers, I decided to go to HP to see if they had any drivers for it, which it said it did after detecting my system, but after attempting to install it, it told me that "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit."

I really need help here. What do I do? My laptop is an HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR) if that helps at all.