5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 3:30 PM by mikec_intel

NUC USB

KolBer

What does it mean that the NUC´s support USB 2.0 via header?

• 1. Re: NUC USB
          jasonNUC

Some models have an internal header for USB. With the right cable, you can run a USB connection from it.  It's useful if you're putting a NUC board in a different case.

• 2. Re: NUC USB
            KolBer

OK, thank so much for the answer. Does that mean that I can connect a USB 2.0 specified cable directly to the NUC, i.e. kit NUC6I3SYH without problems? Probably I will run Win10 OS.

• 3. Re: NUC USB
              jasonNUC

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. The NUC has multiple USB ports for connecting USB cables/devices.  Your model supports USB 3.0 and is backward compatible for USB 2.  The internal header requires a cable with a USB female connector on one end and a specific connector on the other end for the header.  The specs for your NUC should list the specific type of connector the header uses (there are several). From that point you can buy a cable from anywhere that sells them (cablestogo.com is one, I believe).

• 4. Re: NUC USB
                KolBer

Again, thanks a lot for the answer. To be more exact: I plan to use the new NUC to connect to a high end Digital Analog Converter with a high end USB cable and use the NUC as my main machine for music playback. I need to install a specific USB driver on the Win10 OS that support high speed USB 2.0. From your answer I understand that this will work. The USB cable has normal A/B connectors.

• 5. Re: NUC USB
                  mikec_intel

Hi KolBer,

NUC’s USB ports are backward compatible with USB 2.0. Now, as you stated before your device will work properly if there are Windows® 10 drivers.

Some NUC boards have an additional USB 2.0 port next to the fan.

Regards,
                  Mike C