2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 6:28 AM by Amy_Intel

Intel Rapid Storage Technology For Dell XPS 9550 ( 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD )

AmericaN

Hi There,

Basically, I do own Dell XPS 9550 with 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD

I did received the machine with factory default setting but I had done the following steps

1- I purchased windows 10 pro from microsoftstore.com and I did downloaded it on USB using media creation tool

2- I pressed F2 and I had reset the default setting for the bios setting and for factory default setting.

3- I pressed F12 and I logged into device configuration which is intel rapid storage technology and I had removed the acceleration from the 1tb hdd & 32 ssd and I had set them non-raid.

4- I did formatted the whole disk of 1 TB hdd and I was not able to found the 32 SSD.

5- I did installed windows 10 on the 1 tb hdd.

so what I'm looking for right now to install intel rapid storage technology and configure it again with the default setting for dell on my machine !

also I would like to know how come I still see Intel rapid storage technology or dell support assist after I did formatted the whole partition of 1 TB HDD . the intel rst appear if I press on f12 and logged in device configuration ! does it's built in with the bios or what?

and how to update the version of it ? 

• 2. Re: Intel Rapid Storage Technology For Dell XPS 9550 ( 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD )
          Amy_Intel

Hello, @AmericaN:

By "what I'm looking for right now to install Intel rapid storage technology and configure it again with the default setting for dell on my machine" you mean setting the the acceleration from the 1 TB hard drive and 32GB SSD and I have them set as RAID? If that is the case if your SSD was previously accelerated and you installed new operating system without disabling acceleration, it may be a possibility that some metadata is still stored on the SSD. In order to enable acceleration again, you will need to format SSD hard drive as low level format and try to accelerate drive. The new Intel® Rapid Storage version 14.8, you will see an option for performance where you can enable acceleration to your SSD.

Now, in regard to "also I would like to know how come I still see Intel rapid storage technology or dell support assist after I did formatted the whole partition of 1 TB HDD . the intel rst appear if I press on f12 and logged in device configuration ! does it's built in with the bios or what?" Since you have a laptop the only option that comes to mind is that your computer might have a recovery partition.

Regards,