I’m sorry to hear that you have problems with this. I would like to know more about the behavior of the board and what you have tried.
1. Is the module/board getting hot?
2. Are you able to access the Terminal Console?
3. Have you tried to power the board with a power supply instead of using the USB port?
4. Did you try to re-flash the board?
If you don’t see improvements after this, I suggest you to contact the place where you bought the board because they usually offers a Return & Replacement Policy, when did you purchase it?
Thank you for your reply. Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, when on power it gets hot after a while.
2. When I try to use the terminal over serial it starts but doesn't display anything (using ubuntu and screen). When I disconnect any usb, the serial connection fails and the screen program terminates.
3. I tried to power it from a arduino shield that worked before but without any luck.
4. No I didn't thought or tried to re-flash.
I'll try the last step and I'll let you know.
I bought the board in November 2015, it's the arduino breakboard kit.
Have you been able to run the flashall script?
Let us know if you have new results regarding this.
Sadly I was not able to reflash it, it wont get recognised by my linux(ubuntu) laptop...
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work, but I would like to know what did you get on console after running the flashall script? How to Run the Flashall Script
Are you able to see the tty ports on /dev in Ubuntu?
Also, where did you buy the board? I suggest you to look into the Return & Replacement Policy of the store in order to check if your purchase is still covered by their warranty policy.