Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

How to increase shared memory for GPU

MMujt
Beginner

Although the Intel GPU's are quite capable of running some of the latest games but shared memory becomes a hurdel some times. So is there a way to increase shared video memory for integrated GPU's.

I have a HP pavilion 15 ak-085na, Intel 6700hq with Intel hd 530. My current Ram is 8gb

3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Mujtaba:

There are some settings at the BIOS (with Intel® VBIOS on Intel® boards) that help for the amount of memory is shared with graphics.

My recommendation would be to check with the manufacturer of your device to see if this can be done with their product also.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
MW7
Beginner

Hey I have the same laptop as you, did you ever find an answer? My BIOS doesn't have anyting about graphics memory at all

I hope you can increase the memory, since it's only 128mb it can't play... well anythig at a reasonable frame rate. And they have the audacity to call this a gaming laptop?! hahaha

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello:

Right now, the best way to go in this scenario where a laptop is used, would be to contact the manufacturer of the device.

There is a chance they also have a forum like this, in which you could post your inquiry.

They are the ones that designed and integrated your device, which would be my reasoning to advise you to contact them directly.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos