Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Recent (Jan 30, 2016) Intel HD Graphics 4600 update fails

MSlat2
Beginner

My Windows 10 Home (Version 1511, OS build 10586.71) system reboots EVERY time that the system tries to install the most recent Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Jan 30, 2016) update. I didn't know what the problem was until I started looking for a reason why my system kept rebooting. When I tried to install the Intel HD Graphics 4600 update, my system crashed again. I then turned off auto updates and the system stabilized, so then I attempted to install the update from a variety of different places, like the download folder, after downloading the update from Intel and the Device Driver area. The download goes OK, then the system crashes as it tries to install the update.

I'm running a desktop, Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz, 8GB Ram, 64-bit

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello slatton,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please reply with your graphics report, here are the steps to do it:

Go to Intel® Graphics and Control Panel > Options > information Center > Save.

Or you can check the following link to get the report:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Intel® Graphics Driver Report for Graphics Drivers

Also, I will appreciate if you can post the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Would you be able to get a screen shot when the error happens and POST it here if it is possible?

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos