1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 12:12 PM by Amy_Intel

Does intel void warrenty if cpu has been overlocked with a 4790k ?

Starscream

I have been having issues with my pc since I built it. I have used 2 diferent sets of ram 2 diferent motherboards 3 harddrives 2 hhd 1 ssd. I keep having issues and the only thing left to test is the psu and the cpu.

• 1. Re: Does intel void warrenty if cpu has been overlocked with a 4790k ?
          Amy_Intel

Hello, Starscream:

Intel provides unlocked processors so that customers who are interested in overclocking may do so, but please be aware of the following:

• Overclocking voids your standard processor warranty.  Intel encourages customers to consider purchasing an Intel® Performance Tuning Protection Plan (PTPP) if they chose to overclock their processor.  The PTPP provides warranty coverage for most overclocking scenarios.  The details on the PTPP are available at Home Page
          • Intel does not guarantee that a processor will be able to achieve any specific speed when overclocked.
          • Intel will not be able to advise or assist customers with the overclocking process.  Please consult your desktop board manufacturer on recommended system settings.

Regards,