8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 1:57 AM by Vic_

Windows install crashes every time--it's got to be me

briankiser

Hello.  I have the BOXNUC6I5SYK (new 6th generation) and have installed 8GB (2x4) of Corsair RAM (CMSO8GX4M1A2133C15) and the m.2 Samsung 250GB SSD.  I am trying to install Windows 10 from a bootable USB.  Everything boots fine, I get to the part where I select the partition to install on, on the next screen the countdown begins and every single time, Windows crashes with a BSOD during the progress bar.  The error message varies, but this time the error was CACHE_MANAGER.  Last time it was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.  The only thing consistent is that I can't get past this screen without a BSOD.

I have tried the install with two different SSDs, two different NUCs, and with only one memory chip (I have tried both chips separately).  I have tried the install with different USB drives and different versions of Windows (I tried both Windows 8 and 8.1).  Obviously, it's got to be me.  I have installed several older generation NUCs with no problem at all.  Can you tell me if there are any tricks to installing Windows on the new NUCs?  I am completely lost with this problem.