3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 9:09 AM by Amy_Intel

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software."

bolshy

I built a PC 2 weeks ago and I'm having trouble with the CPU drivers. When I try to install the drivers, the message in the title pops up. I have no idea how to go about fixing it, and neither did Intel customer support. MSI customer support told me that my only option was to take out the parts on the computer and put them into a different computer to see if they work, one at a time. That would take a lot of time and I don't have another computer that I could do this with. The only reason that I noticed this problem was because it's affecting a game that I play. The game can be put into a window mode so that you can play the game and have other windows next to it so you don't have to keep alt tabbing in and out of the game to message someone on skype or anything like that. When I try to do that, the game freezes and my CPU usage for the game drops to 0%. The only reason I could think of for it doing that is because the drivers aren't working correctly. I went to both MSI's website and Intel for the latest drivers, both websites gave the message in the title when I tried to run the drivers. I don't know if the CPU or motherboard is partially defective and I can't check because like I said, I don't have another computer to check with. If the CPU is defective it's gonna be a PITA to deal with, because it took a month for it to ship here, now if I have to return it it'll probably be another month or longer before I get a new CPU which may not even fix the problem.

PC specs:

z97 gaming 5 motherboard

i7 4790k cpu

gtx 970 asus gpu

16 gb ddr3 corsair vengeance ram

600w psu

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated