Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD Audio not working properly with latest drivers for Intel Graphics 530 for 6th Gen Processors

AChoy1
Beginner

Ever since the release of Windows 10 1511, the drivers for Intel HD Audio for Graphics 530 for 6th Gen Processors has not been working properly. I am using an ASUS Z170-DELUXE board connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI. The graphics output is fine but not the audio to the TV. This has been happening for the last few releases of the drivers. The problem is especially present when using text-to-speech. 50% of the time, there is no sound.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello AndrewChoy72,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please reply with the system report to assist you better.

Go to Intel® Graphics and Control Panel > Options > information Center > Save.

Also, I will appreciate if you can post the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
AChoy1
Beginner

Hi Ivanu,

Attached are the info you requested.

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the information you have kindly provided.

Please try the following driver to see if it helps you anything.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Let me know if this one helps you any better.

Do you have another HDMI cable to try by any chance?

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
AChoy1
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

I tried with a different HDMI cable. That didn't help. However, the older driver that you provided was better but it did not solve the problem completely. Using text-to-speech with the latest driver, 90% of the text was not spoken. With this older driver, about 20% of the text was not spoken. This didn't happen prior to the Windows 10 1511 release.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

We are aware of some issues with Windows update; you can take a look at it at:

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-november-update-issues-bugs http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-november-update-issues-bugs

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Try uninstalling the driver and restart your system, then install the driver again and run Windows update to see if your system detects more updates that can help you.

0 Kudos
AChoy1
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

I uninstalled the driver, restarted the system, then installed Windows updates. Then reinstalled the latest driver and installed Windows updates again. That didn't help either.

Regards.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

At this point we will need to wait for a new driver to be released.

I really apologize for any inconvenience and hopefully a new driver or Windows update will be released soon.

0 Kudos
AChoy1
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

I've got this text-to-speech Windows Forms app written in VB.NET, using .NET Framework 4.6. The voice seems to fail when accessing the RunningState as shown in the code snippet above. If I do not check the running state, everything works well. When I check the running state, there is no voice. This code works well with Intel HD Audio prior to Windows 10 1511 release. Currently it still works well with the Realtek Audio drivers using output from the 3.5mm audio jack from the motherboard. The problem only exists when output via HDMI to a TV through the Intel HD Audio drivers.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated

0 Kudos