Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problems with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

AStey
Beginner

Since I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my Medion S4216 I have been having some having some weird issues with my WiFi. The wireless network adapter is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230. Driver version currently is 15.18.0.1 which, according to my research, is the most recent one. Anytime the laptop goes to sleep and wakes up again WiFi is completely disabled and can't be enabled again, untill I completely restart my laptop.

I have tried multiple solutions (looking for new drivers, reverting back to Windows 8, …) but nothing helped. Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ArnoSteynen,

Before we go any further could please be so kind and let us know if this Wireless adapter native to your system ?

0 Kudos
AStey
Beginner

It was part of the laptop when I bought it, yes, if that is what you mean by native.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ArnoSteynen,

In this particular case our first recommendation is for you to contact your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html computer manufacturer and check for the latest drivers first as their drivers are customized and made specifically for the type of system you have. Alternatively, you can also change the Power Option on Control Panel then >> Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Power settings >> Sleep >> Hibernate and set it to Never. If after trying the OEM drivers, you notice the issue still persists, you can try the following:

1. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

2. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

3. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

4. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

0 Kudos
AStey
Beginner

Thank you for the advise. I will try that and get back to you.

0 Kudos