This forum is completely DAMN USELESS!!!!
Posted a question last night, STILL NO ANSWER!!
THANKS A LOT!!!!
joining another form!!!
I would like to apologize for the delay on the answer for this, I have some things for you to check that could be helpful for this situation:
1. The RAM supported by the Motherboard would be DDR3 1066/1333 your RAM is compatible.
2. The RAM has to be within the supported specs in your processor, please access ARK and type the model of your CPU, this information would be under "Memory Specifications".
3. In the page 35 of the PDF below, you can find the proper way to use a Dual Channel Memory Configuration with Two DIMMs, please do verify this.
4. Another option would be a bad DIMM slot, test a single RAM module in each of your DIMM slots to check if one of them is faulty.
5. RAM could also be the issue, please test each in DIMM slot 0 Channel A.
PDF to be checked: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18131/eng/DP55WB_ProductGuide04_English.pdf
I look forward to your outcome with this.
Hi, sorry was only able to get back to you now.
I have 2x2GB DDR3 1333 sticks, identical ram.
I tested both in DIMM slot 0 Channel A and DIMM slot 0 Channel B. Both slots work, but both sticks cannot run together. When I put both sticks in both DIMM 0 slots, pc doesnt boot and beeps twice. When I put one stick in either slot 0, it boots/starts up.
But, no matter what RAM I have, they can never seem to run together with this board??? I can only run one stick in a slot 0, then it boots/starts up
Running i5-760 chip
In the past I ran 2x4GB Hynix 2Rx8 PC3-10600 1333MHz 240pin DIMM Desktop Non-ECC DDR3 Memory, but I sold this because Ram never worked at all.
Had a Kingston 2GB DDR3 1600 Kingston stick that worked but it could not run together with my Transcend 2GB DDR3 1600 stick. Board seems to work only with 1 stick in a slot 0 and that's it! Cannot add anything
Information on compatible memory for the DP55WB board can be found here: System Memory for the Intel® Desktop Board DP55WB. Most importantly, you want x8, not x16, memory. Remember to use matched sticks of memory; this board does not support separate configurations for each memory bank.
Hope this helps,
The ram I have are identical. It came as a set
If you can't run with a DIMM in the primary slot for each memory channel, then the memory is, by definition, incompatible with your board. All I can suggest is that you purchase memory that has been reported to work with this board. If you want to look at memory that is not on this list, most important is to avoid x16 memory (I am leery of the "dual rank" statement)...
Not sure if this is the case with all 1156 boards, but the dp55wb board is by far biggest load of BULL Intel ever came up with!!!! I will try and get the stated spec of ram, but I'll get rid of this crap mobo very soon!