Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Driver disruption

LHanr
Beginner

Hi there!

I own a Dell XPS. I keep getting an error as follows

'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered'.

When this pops up on the bottom right side of the screen, if I am watching a video, it disrupts it and I have to start again.

This all started when I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I wish I never had! Any suggestions how to amend this issue, any advice is much appreciated.

Many thanks, Lynsey.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

What is the exact processor model and the graphics controller?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005510.html Intel® Graphics Controller Identification Methods for Graphics Drivers

On Windows 10

Click on the Windows icon, and search for "System"

Look for System Control Panel then note the processor model.

Allan.

0 Kudos
LHanr
Beginner

Hi Allan,

The Processor Model is Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600.

Many thanks,

Lynsey.
0 Kudos
MSlat2
Beginner

I'm sure this has to do with the actual INSTALLATION of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 update. My Windows 10 system keeps crashing when the Intel HD Graphics 4600 is INSTALLED. Constistently. I've tested this a dozen different ways, and when the system tries to install the Intel HD Graphics 4600 updated, my system reboots.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Many people on the community has reported that installing the latest video drivers fixed the problem.

Please try the driver linked below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Allan.

0 Kudos