Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 3D control panel being blank

JMomo2
Beginner

Here is an image of what I get when I look at the 3D control panel. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Specs:

Thinkpad T450s

CPU: Intel i7 5500U

GPU: Intel HD graphics 5500

I looked around on some forums and found that it could be because of the drivers not being updated, but everytime I try downloading the latest drivers from Lenovo support, I get a driver date to 7/17/2015 with version 10.18.15.4256, but the 3D panel is still blank.

Update: I found a way around it. Just go to profiles, and uncheck 3D and check it again. This made the options for 3D show up, but an error occurs if I try to save a new profile.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Cryptou:

Have you checked directly with your OEM?

The recommendation is to download and install the drivers from the manufacturer's webiste.

Here you can find the generic drivers from Intel®, please note that any special features from the OEM regarding graphics would not be available while using these generic drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
JMomo2
Beginner

I already installed those drives, but still the same issue, but I managed to find a fix for it.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Cryptou:

I am glad to hear you were able to fix this issue.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact the Intel® Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos