cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3700 wear info

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i neet to monitor wearout info of my drives.

with my X25-E and S3700 i simply check SMART values like Media_Wearout_Indicator, Power_On_Hours and Host_Writes_32MiB

now with P3700 the closest i can find is "Wear Leveling Count" and "Timed Workload - Media Wear"

no info about how many hours the drive is at work and how many bytes have been written.

i'm using latest ssd toolbox and datacenter tool (isdct show -sensor -intelssd)

where did you hide that two indicators?

and also what's the difference between those two wear indicators? which one should i watch for?

8 REPLIES 8

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

ISRV,

We are going to check this for you and get back to you shortly.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i run this:

isdct dump -intelssd 0 datatype=nvmelog logid=202

and got this:

- CVFT5045008H400BGN.F4 -

ID: F4

Description: NAND Bytes Written

Normalized: 100

Raw: 0x20B

- CVFT5045008H400BGN.F5 -

ID: F5

Description: Host Bytes Written

Raw: 0x6

how to translate this?

what is nand and host bytes written?

and also which one to watch for:

- CVFT5045008H400BGN.AD -

ID: AD

Description: Wear Leveling Count

Raw: 0x100020001

- CVFT5045008H400BGN.E2 -

ID: E2

Description: Timed Workload - Media Wear

Raw: 0xFFFF

but still no info about how many hours online

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello ISRV,

The SMART Attributes of the Intel® SSD DC P3700 and other Intel® NVMe* SSD's may be different than those of SATA SSD's.

The Normalized value of the Wear Leveling Count decrements from 100 to 0 as the blocks of the drive are written to/erased. This behaves similar to the Media Wearout Indicator of other drives.

In your case, it still shows 100, which means the average erase cycles of the NAND chips is still minimum in comparison to the rated/maximum number of erase/programming cycles.

Timed Workload is present in the SMART attributes of the P3700 and behaves pretty much like it does in other SSD's.

For more information about this, you can check the following documents:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-p3700-spec... Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series - Product Specification

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

so "Wear Leveling Count" and "Timed Workload - Media Wear" are just the same?

"Normalized" both 100 currently, but "Raw" are different - 0x100020001 and 0xFFFF

ok, but what about how many mb/gb/tb written and how many hours the drive is in use.

how to check those values?

i've discovered "NAND Bytes Written" and "Host Bytes Written", but don't know what exactly they mean.

again, there's normalized and raw values. but how to understand those i don't know.

maybe there's other interesting commands to isdct.exe ?