Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel hd 4600 driver issues

ngunn
Beginner

Hi all, i have been battling with my Toshiba QOSMIO PX30t for the last few weeks now hitting every dead end possible.

The basic issue is a flashing screen, but this only happens when you reduce the brightness even by 1%. If left at 100% it works fine... but left too long it seems to cause a white blur patch (almost like a screen burn). So the unit has to be switched off and left for a while until the mark disappears.

I have done every step possible including updating the graphics drivers, removing and reinstalling the graphics, in the end i opted for a OUT THE BOX reset. At first glance it all seemed fine (Basic Graphics driver) but as soon as i updated it to the Intel HD 4600 the issue came back. I now have no idea where to go from here, as i can't see any other software steps i can take? But it does seem to be the graphics driver casuing the issue.

Any help info or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Nathan.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello nathan_thomas,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Did your system worked fine before?

Did you install the graphics driver from the Intel website or the driver from the Toshiba website?

Try the Toshiba driver instead of the one from Intel site.

Have you contented Toshiba about this issue?

What version of Windows are you using?

Please reply with the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos