Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Refresh Rate - Laptop Monitor Now Pink

SDunn
Beginner

Hi-

I just got a new laptop for work (Dell XPS 15) with Intel HD Graphics. I was playing around with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and changed the Refresh Rate from 59 Hz to 60 Hz but didn't accept the changes after hitting Apply. Now my laptop monitor's colors almost are a pinkish color; I have no idea what I did??? The only setting I changed (and didn't accept) was the change from the 59 Hz to 60 Hz.

The monitor now kind of looks like some kind of high-contrast setting...everything has this pink cast on the laptop screen, the background that was once blue is now pink.

I'm running Windows 10 if it matters.

Please help me reset this to the windows standard colors.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SDunn
Beginner

Ok, found it after some searching, in the Color section of the control panel. Phew, that was a little scary.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
SDunn
Beginner

Ok, found it after some searching, in the Color section of the control panel. Phew, that was a little scary.

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, bluedunn:

I am glad to hear that you found a solution on your own for this situation.

If you require any information or support in the future, feel free to contact the Intel® Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
2maka
Beginner

Hello,

I have faced similar issue, I was playing around with settings in intel HD control panel, and I changed refresh rate from 60hz to 48hz. Now screen only turns on when I connect laptop to tv via HDMI. But I can not change refresh rate when second display is connected. Is it possible to reset to defaults? Or what should I do now? I tried everything except windows 10 reinstall (I do not want that).

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is a 4 year old thread. You should start a new thread.

Doc

0 Kudos
Ralph00
Beginner
Hi I need help...Urgent reply please.
My laptop screen suddenly turned pink while I was watching an anime(video), I went online in search of help. I have updated my display driver, scanned for virus and screen is still pink and frustrating. I have an intel celeron n3350 processor, what should I do?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Perhaps you are experiencing a hardware failure.

Contact your laptop manufacturer for support.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with Al; this sounds like a failure in the embedded display or perhaps a loose wire going into the lid. In either case, you need to talk to the laptop vendor for repair.

...S

0 Kudos
Ralph00
Beginner
Hi, please I need urgent reply...
I recently joined this community so I don't know to make a post. My problem is that half of my screen suddenly turned pink while I was watching an anime(video). I have updated display adapter, scan for virus but still pink and frustrating. I'm using an intel celeron n3350 processor. I never played around any settings nor has my PC ever fallen or been hit. Please HELP
0 Kudos