3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 4:27 PM by EstebanC_Intel

Intel® HD Graphics 4600 card stops responding.

ronilou

I am constantly getting the error message: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."  This started after I upgraded to Windows 10. (why does the error message say Windows 8?) My graphics card Intel® HD Graphics 4600.   I've gone through the discussions here and it seems like this is a common problem. I've tried the other suggestions that have been provided and nothing is working.  I've uninstalled the driver and had windows reinstall for me.  That didn't work. I was unable to download any other drivers, either from Intel or from my PC's manufacturer (i tried Intel Gfx driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Desktop) no matter what i try i get the message 'the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer" and it provides a link back to Intel. This happens no matter where i try to get my driver from.

My PC is: 530 Desktop (Lenovo)

Please advise.  I am currently unable to play WOW, which may not seem like a big deal, but when you pay for a yearly subscription and it gets wasted, it is annoying. In working with their technical support, they indicated that this is a common problem now "we have started to see a large spike in users with an Intel(R) HD Graphics GPU report crashing with World of Warcraft. This issue appears to have come from 4000 Series drivers."

Thank you,