3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 8:53 AM by Intel_Alvarado

Mac OSX Integrated Installer Not Working

Claudia.Alvarado

Hello!  I am trying to run the Mac installer, and have had no luck.  I keep getting this error:

" Setup Failed

Failed to download install configuration.
           Please check connection settings and try again.  "

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-c

I do have a USB hub as recommended in the instructions here:

IoT - Step 2: Run the integrated installer | Intel® Developer Zone

• 1. Re: Mac OSX Integrated Installer Not Working
          Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

On what OS X version are you running the Installer? Some tools report issues with the latest OS X version.

If you are running the latest version I’d recommend you to install each IDE, or the ones you need separately and not using the installer.

Sergio

• 2. Re: Mac OSX Integrated Installer Not Working
            Claudia.Alvarado

Hey Sergio,

Thanks for your response.  I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5.

I just went to the mac self service app but Eclipse is not available.  I have contacted Macs@Intel so see what my next steps should be.

**UPDATE**

Macs@Intel forum had a response that told me to use the installer.  Which doesn't work.

I installed Eclipse on it's own (FYI-- their fancy new installer also doesn't work...), updated my Java, and attempted to follow the rest of the Edison setup directions, and then ran into another issue when setting up my serial terminal.

My USB device is there:

$ ls /dev/cu.usbserial-*

/dev/cu.usbserial-AJ035DQ1

Then I try to connect to it:

screen -L /dev/cu.usbserial-AJ035DQ1 115200 -L

And I get an error saying that it can't open the line above for R/W because the resource is busy.

Followed by a 'Sorry, could not find a PTY'.

Does anyone have a clue???

Thanks again, and have a great day!

-c

• 3. Re: Mac OSX Integrated Installer Not Working
              Intel_Alvarado

I found this link with several suggestions if you are getting the “Could not find a PTY”error.

• Use different Micro-USB cables before trying “screen” or PUTTY. Some cables simply don’t work, not sure why. I have had this happen to me a couple times.
              • Make sure BOTH Micro-USB cables are connected before using screen or putty.
              • Unplug and plug back in the serial cable (not the power cable) to get your computer to recognize the Edison
              • Download and install Bloop and use “bloop clean” to prepare your Edison for connections
              • Finally, try hitting “reset” or finally simply unplugging power and plugging it back in if nothing else works.

Source link: Solving "Could not find a PTY" on Intel Edison · w4ilun/edison-guides Wiki · GitHub

Let me know your results.

Sergio