Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel®HDGraphics4000 keeps reloading on my computer and crashing firefox

sr8
Beginner

I have updated drivers and tried to find an option to stop it , but every 20 or so minutes there it is again, the black screen as firefox disappears, the sound of an alert, then IWD_audio either 02 or 06 tries to install again and leave a shortcut on the desktop. If I dont remove it, it removes the shortcut and starts again. help please I am not very tech savvy and going nuts here

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello sylviaR,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Did you system work fine before? When did you start having this problem, do you remember by any chance downloading or installing some type of software etc?

Is a laptop what you have? Please reply with the model number.

Is it Windows 10 that you're using? If yes, try installing our latest driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25698/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
sr8
Beginner

thanks Ivan

no, not windows 10 though I did download it, hated it and had problems, and returned via system restore to windows 8. The problem happened some time after that.

yes a lap top and Asus keeps trying and failing to download a recommended update for the graphics file

not sure where to find the model number

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Well, you could try our generic driver you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1-64-bit

At this point to understand very clearly what you want to do is to stop your system to update your drivers automatically from Windows update, correct?

You can find you system model with the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.
0 Kudos