Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Problem with HD 530(i5 6600K) connected to my TV

RA9
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When i connect my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7) to my Tv (Toshiba 42xv550 - full hd with 3x hdmi 1.3a) using HDMI (tried different cables) i have no picture on my tv, but if i connect it to another device it shows everything (bios post screen / windows loading ). The problem is not in tv and cables - checked it on many devices and everything works fine. all hdmi ports worked with every device.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

It fails to show any thing on screen every time - no bios post screen / no windows loading

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Build it my self

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Using integrated graphics card.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

1) Monitor - Dell 24" u2410 - full hd (1920 x 1200) - tried it using HDMI.

2) tried TV - It was an old Samsung with 1366 x 768

3) Old LG tv - Full...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi xMAGWAJx,

The problem is happening only with Toshiba 42xv550. Did you change the video input settings of your TV manually? Also, turn the NUC on and change TV video resolution manually. Let's try to narrow down the issue.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RA9
Beginner

Hi. Ok to narrow it down: This problem appears when i use connection on my MOTHERBOARD (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7) to use INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CARD in CPU (i5 6600K - it has Intel HD 530) using ONBOARD connector HDMI 2.0 => i connect it to my TV (Toshiba 42xv550 - it has full HD resolution 1920 x 1080p and i can't change resolution or any other options except VIDEO input (P.S. i have tried all 3 hdmi ports they all are 1.3a standart and all work fine with other devices... such as XBOX 360 / Playstation 3 / Playstation 4 / My old PC / also i have pluged in my old graphics card (ASUS GeForce 8800GT) and it pics up my Tv ... but the problem is that it overheats and i can't use it for long and it's very loud - so that's why i need / various notebooks with HDMI OUT etc... -so in conclusion the problem is not in TV Toshiba 42xv550). The odd thing is that if i start the system it would load as if it recognized the out put device (but won't show any thing on screen - no post screen / no windows loading) and if i unplug it from Toshiba 42xv550 and connect it to other TV every thing works fine. I think it's a problem with firmware of video card ... that it can't recognize my device!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi xMAGWAJx,

You are getting a compatibility issue between the monitor and Intel® HD graphics; however, you have HDMI cables version 1.3 and the recommendation is 1.4a or higher. I suggest you to do a test with a higher quality of video cable.

Intel® HD graphics supports DisplayPort 1.2 too.

More details about your processor at

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/desktop-6th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Datasheet, Vol. 1

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RA9
Beginner

Today I bought Display port to HDMI wire and i will check if it works... and i will try to test it with hdmi cable with higher cable version - but they supposed to be backward compatible

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi xMAGWAJx,

I will be waiting your response.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RA9
Beginner

Hi. Using Display port to HDMI wire solves the problem. But what about HDMI output ... why my TV does not pick up signal from HDMI output?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi xMAGWAJx,

It is necessary to use a HDMI 1.4a or higher HDMI cable (fast speed)

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RA9
Beginner

Well i don't think it will help .. because i have OLD TV (Toshiba 42xv550) and it has 3x HDMI ports with 1.3a standart... Right now i found a workaround and for now it works. But i think you need to look in to this issue and make some improvements...

0 Kudos