2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 9:32 PM by bassboy

DG965ss shrewsbury - CPU compatibality ?

bassboy

Hi All

I have a DG965ss shrewsury M/B and a 3.0Ghz Core 2 duo (1333mhz FSB , 4MB cache) CPU.

I dont get any display with this processor. (the processor has been tested it it works on another M/B)

I then changed to a Core 2 2.8Ghz (1066Mhz 3MB Cache) and the system works perfectly.

Is there any way to get the 3.0Ghz CPU working with this M/B ??    Bios update maybe ??

• 2. Re: DG965ss shrewsbury - CPU compatibality ?
          bassboy

Hi Cpt.Dogfruit

Thanks for your prompt response !

No, both the processors that I have are not on that list.

The model number of my original processor is : E6850 - (3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo , 4MB Cache , 1333Mhz FSB). This processor gves me no display.

The processor that I'm using just to get me up and running for now is : E7400 (2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo , 3MB Cache , 1066Mhz FSB). This works perfectly.

I really love this Shrewsbury M/B and would hate to let it go.

I have already downloaded the latest bios flash from the Intel site which is dated NOV 2008(if I remember correctly). I haven't yet updated the Bios though.

I am not sure if it will really help as I believe the problem is with the high CPU FSB of 1333Mhz.

Is there any way out ??   Should I go ahead and update the Bios ??   Is there a slim chance that it could work  ??

I tried going through the bios update release notes to find any hint about the bios updates supporting bigger processors but came up with nothing.

Sheeessh ! I am now desparate and even willing to try a Beta bios !!!

Cpt.Dogfruit, please tell me there's some way of getting it working.......

Regards,

Bassboy