Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20660 Discussions

3D Movie playback left-right frames out of sync

PLumb
Beginner

Hi,

I just built a new HTPC using the Core i5-6600 CPU, Intel Z170 chipset, clean install of Win 10 64b and PowerDVD15. Fully updated BIOS, PowerDVD software and Intel drivers fresh from your website (v.4352).

I am seeing inconsistent playback of 3D Bluray. (1080p/24Hz; frame-packing), the image distorts frequently and cause an image that looks like watching the 3D movie under water. It is clear to me that the left-right frame sync is not working with the Intel setup. As soon as there is movement in the picture it becomes unbearable to watch. I thought that this would be a nice upgrade from the AMD APU A10 I had been using before..... At least the AMD setup could play the 3D blurays without problems.

This is to me without a doubt an Intel driver issue. I can see on the forum that there are others who have highlighted this issue for more than 6 months now. This is soooo very frustrating, and quite frankly very unexpected that Intel would be this bad at writing drivers for their hardware.

I've tried changing all the recommended settings in the display driver settings, I've also disabled de-interlacing etc. in PowerDVD, but nothing works. I've also tried an older driver (v.4300), which has the same problem, although it seems like it's not as bad as in the latest driver.

Please prioritize a fix for this in your graphics drivers. 3D playback is part of the supposedly supported features of your chip, and it should be a priority to fix.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BHora1
Novice

I feel for you Mlum. I've had all the same issues. I even installed the latets MadVR, LAV filters and MPC-BE, got everything setup. 2D works great, 3D (I'm using makemkv to generate a 3D mkv file), madVR generates the 3d correctly...and then lo and behold, the same 3d artifacts appear. Image distorts frequently and Depth is incorrect at random parts of the image. If I back up or paur, it fixes itself and then later on happens again.

So this really proves that it's the fault of the intel driver because now 3 different softwares: Power DVD, Stereoscopic Player and now madVR all give me broken 3D and with the same artifacts across all three different softwares.

So frustrating that after all these years, Intel has not even fixed this in the skylake NUC.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi all,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Have you try the Beta driver from the Intel download center, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Please be aware that our engineering department is aware of this issue and we are working in a solution, unfortunately we don't have an ETA when the issue will be resolve but we appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Similar issue was reported at the following link and it was already escalated for further investigation.

/thread/76605?start=0&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/76605?start=0&tstart=0

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

ivanu,

Also if this helps your engineers, here is a video that sclaws made really detailing what the issue is

http://1drv.ms/1SK79kV http://1drv.ms/1SK79kV

thanks

0 Kudos
BHora1
Novice

I installed the beta drivers and as expected, no change in the 3D issue at all. An ETA of when this will be resolved would really help. I mean it has been a long time and yet no progress or traction on this issue. With sclaws video, I hope the issue is crystal clear and will be fixed soon.

thanks

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for all the information you all have kindly provided, as I mention on the previous post this issue was reported to our engineering team and we are working in a solution.

We really apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I also recommend posting this information at the thread provided above so we can handle this issue with only one thread.

Thank you,

Ivan

0 Kudos