2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 8:58 AM by Amy_Intel

NUC5i3RYH Ethernet NIC keeps cycling "identifying" and "disconnected"

PaddyO'

I've just loaded up my NUC5i3RYH with Win 10 Pro.  Intermittently after I have been away from the machine, the Ethernet link is lost and I am in an endless loop of "identifying network" and "Disconnected" when viewing the Ethernet adapter status.

I have tried both the Microsoft default driver 12.12.50.6 and the latest NUC Intel driver 20.4.1.  I've tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter in device manager.  I've tried different cables, and different ports on my GB Ethernet switch.  I've disabled allowing Windows to put the adapter to sleep under the power management tab.  Device manager reports no problems.

If I unplug and replug the cable within 15 to 20 seconds, the problem is still there immediately.  If I wait a minute then replug, it takes a moment for handshaking to occur, and then things connect and all is good, so something somewhere is timing out.  Then sometime later the issue occurs again.  It has yet to occur while I am actively using the machine, but it has occurred after the monitors are sleeping but the NUC is not yet sleeping.

Has anyone else seen this?  I have installed all the latest NUC drivers, and the latest BIOS 0353.

Thanks for any help.