Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

First Post, Sorry if Not OK, need help with HDMI output

AChow6
Beginner

Hey. Please redirect me if needed.

I have an acer aspire e1-572G, I just recently upgraded to windows 10, and I do not have HDMI audio output. I have video, works great, but cannot for the life of me get audio. HDMI isn't even listed in my device manager, and it isn't disabled in the device list, it just isn't there. I have tried drivers. Thing is I don't always know exactly which one I need. I tried from Acer's site. one of them made me need to start from scratch it messed everything up so bad.

I've provided a screenshot that should help. Note that the HD audio device has the yellow triangle, and HDMI isn't listed under input and output devices.

Help please! I can't wait to connect to my TV and watch shows again

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ICust64
Novice

Which graphics adapter do you have? The HDMI driver should come with the graphics driver, so it's good to check which graphics that are used. You can check that at 'graphics' in device manager. Please also give the Processor model (which you can find under 'Processors' at the device manager).

0 Kudos
AChow6
Beginner

Intel 4400.

I installed fresh, checked the device manager and the HD audio had the triangle like the pic above right from the get go. I installed some of the usual drivers, as well as sound and graphics drivers.

Here's the thing, When I tried to install the intel drivers, it says my laptop does not meet the minimum requirements, when it far surpasses. I guess I should have tried to install the intel ones first, but I don't think that would have helped because I got the Intel driver manager thing and it found nothing.

When I googled this problem, it was really common, not just on my type of laptop. Haven't found a solution.

0 Kudos
ICust64
Novice

Okay, you can download the latest driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Before you install it (so you don't get the 'device is not supported' message) do this: go to device manager --> graphics --> Intel 4400 --> double click on it --> go to the driver tab --> Remove driver --> and mark the checkbox so the device drivers get removed.

Then it will most probably prompt that you have to reboot your device, do that, and then you should be able to install this driver.

Just to be sure, is there an AMD graphics card present too? (In some cases it's also present in the acer aspire e1-572G).

0 Kudos