Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Help Updating Intel HD 3000 Graphics

ZB
Beginner

I am trying to update my Intel HD 3000 graphics to a recent version. I have a HP Pavilion DV6 Quad Custom edition laptop which has switchable graphics, Intel Core i7 2630QM CPU and graphic property are below.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZB
Beginner
0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, ThePie:

The recommendation for OEM systems for driver download is to do this in the manufacturer's website directly.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings in your device.

As per the model provided and HP support page, the drivers for Windows 10* are going to be available through Windows updates.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5103992/model/5078652 HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
ZB
Beginner

@ EstebanC_Intel

The problem with that is HP doesn't provide updates for their devices after the device is 1 year old. My device is around 4 years old but I keep it running great. The issue is that the drivers are getting outdated and as new software is coming along the graphics are falling behind. I just want a normal Intel HD 3000 driver, I already stopped using HP's driver for the Radeon 6770M because it was the switchable graphics driver which wouldn't work with Windows 10 as it is.

Just looking for a normal Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 driver.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, ThePie:

I understand that you would like to continue using your device updated; in this case, as far as we know, the drivers available for Windows 10* while using HD Graphics 3000 would be installed through Windows updates.

Also, I would like you to check this OS support chart for Intel® Graphics engines.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html?wapkw=cs-034343 Supported Operating Systems for Graphics Drivers

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
ZB
Beginner

It appears that my Sandy Bridge will for ever be stuck in the sand when it comes to Windows 10.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, ThePie:

I understand your situation, since this is a legacy product, there are limitations regarding driver support for newer OS released.

I regret to be the guy with the bad news.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos