Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Intel HD graphics stopped responding and successfully recovered?

DKeer1
Beginner

Hey guys I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 which has a integrated Intel 530 and a Nvidia 960M. Recently I've noticed that when I'm browsing with Edge and I open up a picture with Google, I get the notification saying " Display driver Intel HD graphics for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and successfully recovered". There is no flickering, black screens, or anything like that, the browser just freezes for a second and refreshes.

The current driver I have installed is 20.19.15.4300, and there are no updates available.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ICust64
Novice

I have the same issue with this driver I think that it will be fixed in a next driver.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello:

The best case scenario is while using the drivers from the OEM or manufacturer of the device.

This is why the recommendation is to download and install them from the OEM's website.

For this case, you can test your system with Intel®'s generic drivers, note that any special feature or setting provided by the OEM will not be available with Intel®'s generic drivers.

Make sure you select the proper OS and version (32/64-bit).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530-for-6th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Drivers & Software

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos