First of all I want to say that I've been reading a lot of messages related with my problem in this forum and others and trying all I saw in them, but it didn't work so I'm desperate so I'm trying to ask directly.
I'll try to explain the exact point where I am at this moment with the problem.
I'm trying to configure my intel edison in order to establish communications between two radiolink antennas via ftdi serial.
I have a code in c++ that is working perfectly in the same way but in a raspberry pi so I migrated it to the mraa library to be able to use it in the intel edison.
I establish comms correctly (I installed correctly FTDI drivers and mount the radiolink to ttyUSB0) but it seems that the messages don't arrive well. For example i send from edison the message: "REAL:2:4.44444:5.55555" it seems that the first message arrives ok, but then next messages arrive cut (for example: "EAL:4.4*********" where * are squares), and finally it seems to receive the same message that is send to the intel edison from the other pc.
Well, after a lot of debugging an tracing i have no idea of what is the reason of this behavior (remember same code works for rasPI, the only change is that in edison i'm usin lib mraa).
I had mraa v. 0.7XXX so I thought that it could be something related with the mraa lib, so I tried to update it but I can't, so I did this:
1. Flashed the intel edison to the last image from the official web (edison-iotdk-image-280915) with the flash tool --> OK
2. Tried to update mraa (IoT - Updating the MRAA I/O and UPM sensor libraries | Intel® Developer Zone) --> didn't work, finally I had to do "opkg install mraa" instead "opkg install libmraa0"
3. Install FTDI drivers with "opkg install kernel-module-ftdi-sio", fist attempt didn't work because apparently I hadn't enough space on my edison, so I removed the kernel-module-ftdi-sio, restarted the edison and tried it again --> apparently it worked OK
Now I'm trying to mount the radiolink, but the edison doesn't mount ttyUSB0 so I think I missed something.
dmesg | grep FTDI:
[ 211.995177] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: FTDI
[ 2586.998826] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: FTDI
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
In /dev I think i'ts mounting it as: usbmon1 and usbmon2
First of all, I need to be able to mount the ttyUSB0 and then I need to fix the communications (if it is not the mraa library).
Thank you very much!