3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 7:51 AM by ivanu_intel

Is the fan in the new Cherry-Trail Compute Stick replaceable?

Ken_Mc

Is the fan in the new Cherry-Trail Compute Stick replaceable? Small fans have short lives. How would I order the fan?

• 1. Re: Is the fan in the new Cherry-Trail Compute Stick replaceable?
          ivanu_intel

Hello Ken_Mc,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Unfortunately it is not replaceable, if at some point the unit fails you can request a warranty replacement if the unit is still under warranty, this unit has one year warranty.

You could try to replace the fan, if you can find the part but that will be under your own risk and the warranty will be void.

Best regards,

Ivan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is the fan in the new Cherry-Trail Compute Stick replaceable?
            Ken_Mc

Thank you for the honest response. Yes, if it were in warranty I would go that route. Out of Warranty I would be on my own. I only asked because we are considering selling this unit to our clients as an RDS terminal in an environment prone to dust and fur. They expect PC to last 10 years and are shocked when they don't. Given that this unit is built as a throwaway device I did find a company that manufactures a bare wire replacement fan for the stick PC. I don't have the website handy. It would take some work trying to replace the 3 pin interface, but a savvy tech with steady hands could do it.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Is the fan in the new Cherry-Trail Compute Stick replaceable?
              ivanu_intel

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for taking your time to share that information with us, I hope you can have a great experience with this unit.

Best wishes,

Ivan