1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 9:54 AM by ivanu_intel

Tell us a completely new way to install Windows 10.

ddolimin

Windows Update 10 then all of a sudden turned down, have you ever thought to be when the initialization, the initialization of the process, "initializing pc 49%" from the second day of testing is underway. Rather, I would like to perform a fresh install of Windows 10. Let us know how.

• 1. Re: Tell us a completely new way to install Windows 10.
          ivanu_intel

Hello ddolimin,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

The operating system that you have came with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

If you are trying to do the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now you have problems with the upgrade please try the following:

Update the Intel® Compute Stick BIOS; please download the latest BIOS version for this unit here:

Download BIOS Update [FCBYT10H.86A]

In this case I recommend doing a BIOS recovery and you can follow the steps at:

Intel® Compute Stick BIOS Recovery Instructions

After that is done reset the system to factory defaults:

1. Remove any SD card, if installed.
          2. Press F8 when you see this prompt during boot: F8 to Activate Windows 8.1* Recovery Mode.
          3. Select Troubleshoot.
          4. Select Reset your PC, then select Next.
          5. Select just remove my files.
          6. Select Reset to start the restore process.

If these troubleshooting steps work for you, try upgrading to Windows 10 again, please follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 at:

Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC — Windows® 10 Upgrade Instructions

If you purchased the unit with a preinstalled Windows 10 and now your system does not respond after the update please try the bios recovery and follow the instructions mentioned above to reset the system to factory defaults.

If you preferred to install Windows 10 from scratch please bear in mind that this option is not supported and the warranty will be void, if the unit does not respond at all after the update I suggest trying the troubleshooting steps I posted above first before trying to do a fresh install of Windows.

We have seen positive experience with the Windows 10 update, you can see it here:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/96904

I hope this information can help you solving your problem.

Best regards,

Ivan