Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

IntelCPHS.log file huge (6GB) on Android device

APear3
Beginner

I have an Android tablet (HUDL2) and all the space has disappeared. After reading some online discussions I found that the space is all being eaten by the log file IntelCPHS.log which is nearly 6GB. It is located in the /data folder and although I can find the size of the file doing a ls -l /data/IntelCPHS.log I do not have read or write permissions to do anything with it. The discussions recommend rooting the device to delete the file or restoring to factory default but both these options seem heavy handed.

My question is which process is producing this log file (I'm assuming it is graphics related as it appears in other parts of this forum for windows graphics discussions). I can discover the following packages on the device installed by intel:

• itux.apk com.intel.thermal
  • WidiInputService.apk com.intel.widi.uibc
  • SepService.apk com.intel.security.service
  • IntelSecurityAssist.apk com.intel.security.isa
  • HdmiSettings.apk com.intel.hdmi
  • SecurityManagerService.apk com.intel.asf.securitymanagerservice

Then is there some command I can issue or some fix that will reset the log and limit its size. It seems ridiculous that my tablet is unuseable after one year due to a log file.

Thanks In Advance

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, sveijk:

Have you checked this situation with the manufacturer of your device?

My recommendation would be to look for "cleaning" software that would help you release unnecessary used space in your device.

Also, I was checking that this tablet supports SD cards, which would be a good option to have more storage available.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos