1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 9:29 PM by Waterbaby

Brand new NUC6i5SYK video stuttering issues with Plex Home Theater

Waterbaby

Greetings all. Just built my new NUC with a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and 2x8G G.SKILL Ripjaws (Model F4-2133C15D-16GRS).

I've done a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit with latest BIOS and drivers from Intel NUC drivers download pages.

I have Plex Media Server installed with the movies located on a Synology RAID server.

With Plex Home Theater or OpenPHT, I have an issue when enabling the automatic adjustment of display refresh rate. When I do that, the video runs slow/stutters. This works on my 3 year old AMD A10-5800K box without problems.

I have tried to disable any video enhancement features under the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

Windows is reporting the Intel Iris Graphics 540 driver to be 20.19.15.4331, which I guess cam from the GFX_Win7_8.1_10_64_15.40.13.4331 zip file off of the Intel drivers site.

Can someone offer some suggestions. I can manually set the refresh rate to 24p from the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, but obviously I'd rather it be automatic based on the movie.

Does modifying the video settings in the BIOS help. Not sure if those need to change.

Thanks,

Amro

1 2 Previous Next