We understand you are experiencing sporadic disconnection issues when you update your wireless drivers to the latest version. Our first recommendations in situations like that when your wireless adapter is the one installed by factory, your first step would be to contact your computer manufacturer: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites in order to obtain the latest drivers as their drivers are specifically costomized in order to meet the requirements of your system.
We have recently released the generic driver version: 18.32.0 for the following adapters listed below which contains important fixes. You are welcome to try this new version if after you installing the OEM's latest driver version, you notice that the issue still persists.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
If necessary you can proceed as followed:
1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall " the current Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Wireless Adapter and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.