Thank you for joining the Intel communities.
Unfortunately if the partition for Windows 8.1 recovery image is gone we don’t have another one to provide and the system cannot be recovered.
At this point if the partition for Windows 8.1 is still available I would suggest the following:
Update the Intel® Compute Stick BIOS; please download the latest BIOS version for this unit at:
In this case I recommend doing a BIOS recovery and you can follow the steps at:
After that is done reset the system to factory defaults:
- Remove any SD card, if installed.
- 2. Press F8 when you see this prompt during boot: F8 to Activate Windows 8.1* Recovery Mode.
- 3. Select Troubleshoot.
- 4. Select Reset your PC, then select Next.
- 5. Select just remove my files.
- 6. Select Reset to start the restore process.
If this troubleshooting work for you try upgrading to Windows 10 again, please follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 at the following link: