What OS do you have installed in your new computer? There are many factors that could be affecting your donwload speed and the Windows Update application is one of them as it scans the internet for critical security updates periodically. Also disabling Bluetooth* if its use is not necessary and try your connection in order to check if there is any improvements. Bluetooth* and Wi-Fi utilizes the same antennas and therefore may cause inteferece. We also recommend that, if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory, to contact the OEM: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites -
1. As a second option, you can try using the generic software from our download center.
2. Download and save Intel PROSet/Wireless Software according to your OS: Drivers & Software
3. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall the current "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
4. Also in Programs and Features, Uninstall Intel® WiDi Software.
5. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
6. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
7. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
8. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.