Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Driver Update Utility cannot find my drivers to update (Microsoft Surface 4)

MBixl
Beginner

I've been trying to update the processor drivers on my Surface 4 (Intel Core m3-6y30), and everything I find tells me to use the Driver Update Utility. When I scan, it hangs at "Searching for drivers" for a couple minutes, then simply reports that there are no intel drivers on the device. I tried to search for them manually, and the chipset wasn't listed at all, and searching the Intel site for the drivers, simply points me back to the Driver Update Utility.

Help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, qwilman:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

When using OEM devices, the recommendation would be to install the drivers directly from their website.

I found these drivers in Microsoft's website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498 Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Also you could access the device manager and right click on the device and look for the driver tab, select update driver.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos