8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 3:49 AM by

DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 HDMI audio problem

JHoppe

I have just upgraded my DG45ID multimedia computer to Windows 7. The system was working fine with Vista. I have upgraded the BIOS and downloaded all of the latest drivers from Intel, but this didn't help. I am not able to see a HDMI output like there was in Vista and I am presently without audio on my monitor. I have Googled this problem and have found many others with the same problem, but no solutions were found. Has anyone solved this or a similar driver problem with Windows 7?

• 1. Re: DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 HDMI audio problem
          JHoppe

I finally solved my problem after many hours of trial and mostly error of downloading the latest drivers from Intel and installing, etc. I tried again by deleting all of the old drivers in the device manager for the HDMI audio. I then forced the scan for new devices and this time it found the HDMI device (my Samsung monitor) and it properly installed the driver. It sounds easy, but I had tried this before and failed....I seem to have memories of similar driver problems with Win 98! So much for major improvements with ease of installation with the new Win 7.

• 2. Re: DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 HDMI audio problem
            mzigaib

I am having the same problem, the only difference it´s that I am not using hdmi just the spdif audio output, the audio doesn't work and the panel crashes everytime I try do adjust it, but it was working fine on windows RC 1.

Did anyone solved this?

• 3. DG45ID motherboard will not support Screen resolution 1280 by 1024 Pixel.

I am not able to set Screen resolution 1280 by1024 Pixel on my Dell 19 inch LCD and also not able to set 1152 by 864 above resolution .

I installed genuine Window 7 ,latest derive for DG45ID board,latest bios version however not able to set good resoluation.    

Could you advice the same.

• 4. Re: DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 HDMI audio problem
                Flying_Kiwi

mzigaib wrote:

I am having the same problem, the only difference it´s that I am not using hdmi just the spdif audio output, the audio doesn't work and the panel crashes everytime I try do adjust it

Intel haven't solved it in that there are still no official updated Intel/IDT drivers to prevent the panel crashing and associated audio related lockups when using that S/PDIF port but the default Microsoft provided audio drivers in Win 7 SP1 seem to be reliable with my DG45ID (just not very fully featured - eg no speaker config info/options). Hopefully you've already discovered this workaround in the long time since your post....

Ajay Chinchansure wrote:

I am not able to set Screen resolution 1280 by1024 Pixel on my Dell 19 inch LCD and also not able to set 1152 by 864 above resolution .

I installed genuine Window 7 ,latest derive for DG45ID board,latest bios version however not able to set good resoluation.    

Could you advice the same.

Having been the owner of a Dell monitor in the past, I can tell you some aren't natively supported by the OS. Did you download and install the monitor driver/configuration file from Dells website? How is the monitor connected to the board and what model is it.

• 5. Re: DG45ID :I am not able to set Screen resolution 1280 by1024 Pixel on my Dell 19 inch LCD

Thanks for update, My dell LCD model is E190S Flat panel monitor , already I installed latest version of Dell LCD Flat panel drivers in my system and  my dell monitor is directly connected to mother board(DG45ID  VGA port) ,also I could see all type of resolution in my OS Display setting however dell monitor is being  through error message 'Not support resolution 1280 by 1024".should I ask to dell service center to repair my monitor or any other option to set  above resolution.

Thanks in advance

Ajay Chinchansure

• 6. Re: DG45ID :I am not able to set Screen resolution 1280 by1024 Pixel on my Dell 19 inch LCD

First is to see if it is a Hardware problem or a Software problem. -very important. try your computer on a known good lcd that does the resolution you require. that will tell you if the hardware video is working properly from your computer. 2nd try to see if your lcd will display that exact resolution on a 512 or 1gb other video card or computer. also look in the bios and see how much system video ram is dedicated to video. set it to max number 512 or 1GB. I plugged an old computer p4 to 1080p tv with hdmi and old video card. the resolution would only to go 640x480. new amd compuer with blue ray support hd 4250 displays perfect 1080p. an alternative is to put in a new pci-e video card with hdmi and 512 video ram or more. naturally as you mentioned make sure all drivers are up to date. some times firmware updates are required. like new flash bios. only have a professional update firmware. all windows updates also. Search around the internet to see if any one elso has same problem. hope you get it working. there was a flash update for my lcd. who would have guessed that? old gateway 24 inch.

• 7. Re: DG45ID :I am not able to set Screen resolution 1280 by1024 Pixel on my Dell 19 inch LCD
                      Flying_Kiwi

Guest wrote:

I installed latest version of Dell LCD Flat panel drivers in my system and  my dell monitor is directly connected to mother board(DG45ID  VGA port)

I think we may have found the issue - the DG45ID only has a DVI (or HDMI) connector for a monitor yet the Dell monitor model you specified only has a VGA (D-Sub) type connector - how can these be 'directly connected' (were hammers involved in getting a connection ;-)?

It is permissable to use a DVI -> VGA adapter with the DG45ID (the boards manual says DVI analog output can be converted to VGA with a DVI-to-VGA connector) but these are NOT all created equal and this may be the problem - have you tried a different adapter? Indeed that monitor (and the motherboard) should happily work together at 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz refresh rate so if it's not try a different adapter (or better still a monitor with a DVI socket).

• 8. Re: DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 HDMI audio problem

Hi man, go to http://learnfree.eu/ and download usu-7.0-mini-amd64.iso burn it on blank DVD and restart computer to Boot from this DVD - Enjoy!

This is the Free Operatin system with all capabilities you need.